Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What if my constitutional rights were violated?


If your rights were violated, your criminal defense attorney will seek to exclude evidence obtained as a result of misconduct. Your attorney will protect your rights by submitting motions to the judge seeking to exclude the recovered evidence or received statements from trial. Often a successful motion to suppress hurts the prosecutor's case, causing the case to either be dismissed, or substantially reduced in plea negotiations. 

Back to FAQs

Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.